Cobb Horizon HS Replacement Project
Cobb County School District
This project consists of an interior renovation to an existing 5-story, steel frame, office building located at 1765 The Exchange SE, Atlanta, GA 30339. Renovations include reconfiguring existing gypsum board/ metal stud framing to accommodate classrooms and widened corridors, addition of new handicap accessible restrooms, fire rated gypsum board steel column surrounds, and associated electrical, mechanical and plumbing upgrades. Scope also includes addition of vinyl-coated, chain link fencing to site.
The existing building is approximately 94,627 total SF with most of renovations occurring on Levels 100, 400 and 500. The project construction is scheduled to begin in December 2020 and extend through March 2021.
Issued for Bid: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Mandatory Virtual Pre-Proposal Conference: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 10:00 AM and Mandatory Site Visit on October 22, 2020, 1 PM at 1765 The Exchange SE, Atlanta, GA 30339.
Bid Due Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020 by 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
Osborne High School - Performing Arts Center
Cobb County School District (CCSD)
The project consists of a new Performing Arts Center at Osborne High School. The phased components of the project are as follows:
- Stage 1 – Baseball and Softball Sitework
- Concessions Building with Restrooms.
- Baseball and Softball Scorer’s Buildings.
- New asphalt drive to existing ADA parking.
- Associated sitework, utilities and sidewalks/site stairs.
- Stage 2 - Auditorium Building attached to existing Classroom building and existing Gym under construction.
- Approximately 24,000 SF with 2-story height Lobby.
- Auditorium with 750 seats and 2,700 SF Stage.
- Scene Shop, Costume Storage, Boys & Girls Dressing Rooms, Acoustical Shell Storage, Restrooms, support spaces.
- Team Locker Room lockers as an Alternate.
- Stage 3 – Practice Field Improvements
- Demolition of existing fire lane between 2 fields.
- New grading to create crown in the longitudinal center of the field.
- New 6’ chain link fence surrounding field.
- Sod and irrigation.
- Black Box Theater Renovation (Alternate No. 1), approximately 8,900 SF modification and renovation of the existing Auditorium space into a Black Box Theater with associated support spaces and two additional instructional units.
- New Grease traps for existing Kitchen
Issued for Proposal Documents available: April 22, 2021.
Mandatory Pre-Proposal Conference: April 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
Last date for Contractors to submit pre-qualifications requirements: May 14, at 3:00 PM.
Last date for Contractors to submit questions and substitution requests to CCSD: May 14, at 3:00 PM.
Proposal Due Date: May 21, 2021 at 3:00 PM.
Documents may be requested by email only addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
$ 500.00 per set for Hard Copies within the metro Atlanta area.
$ 500.00 per set for Hard Copies, plus shipping costs outside the metro Atlanta area.
No cost for links to electronic PDF copies of documents.
All questions concerning the documents and all substitution requests must be sent to CCSD at: email@example.com. CGLS Architects cannot accept questions or requests directly.